- Have a question about your state’s role in the Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium? Please contact the state representative found on the Smarter Balanced Membership map.
- Visit Smarter Balanced Staff to learn more about our leadership and expertise.
- News releases
- Sign up to Stay Connected with Smarter Balanced and receive updates and news releases.
- Follow us on Twitter: @SmarterBalanced
- Visit our frequently asked questions page to learn more about our work to create next-generation assessments.
- For public records requests, please contact the Washington state Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction.
- About Smarter Balanced:
The Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium brings together states to create a shared, innovative assessment system for mathematics and English language arts/literacy that is aligned with the Common Core State Standards and helps prepare students for success in college and careers. The Consortium involves educators, researchers, policymakers, and community groups in a transparent and consensus-driven assessment development process. Membership is open to any interested U.S. state, territory, or commonwealth. For more information, please visit www.smarterbalanced.org.