- Have a question about your state’s role in the Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium? Please contact the state representative found on the Smarter Balanced Membership map.
- Visit Smarter Balanced Staff to learn more about our leadership and expertise.
- News releases
- Sign up to Stay Connected with Smarter Balanced and receive updates and news releases.
- Follow us on Twitter: @SmarterBalanced
- Visit our frequently asked questions page to learn more about our work to create next-generation assessments.
- For public records requests, please contact the Washington state Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction.
- About Smarter Balanced:
The Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium brings together states to create a common, innovative assessment system for mathematics and English language arts that is aligned with the Common Core State Standards and helps prepare students for college and careers. The Consortium involves educators, researchers, policymakers, and community groups in a transparent and consensus-driven process to help all students thrive in a knowledge-driven global economy. The Consortium’s projects are funded through a four-year, $175 million grant from the U.S. Department of Education, comprising 99 percent of activity resources, with the remaining support provided through generous contributions of charitable foundations. Membership is open to any interested U.S. state. For more information, please visit: www.SmarterBalanced.org.