SMARTER BALANCED READY: Big Idea #4
Using the Assessment System Is a Team Effort
- Begin using the Digital Library at the very start of the school year and incorporate the library in all professional development planning.
- Construct ways for teachers to share great lessons they have utilized in the Digital Library with teachers at different sites.
- Create more vertical and horizontal planning time to support teacher use of resources in the Digital Library.
- Provide technical support with passwords and administrative tools by creating instructional screencasts.
- Provide links to resources in the Digital Library that support units of study or other instructional practices.
- Ensure that all site leaders and all administrators understand the formative assessment process as defined in the resource module within the Digital Library.
More detailed descriptions of the implementation experiences for Kerman and Alhambra School Districts are in the CAASPP in Action reports on the California Department of Education website.