Thank you for your interest in Smarter Balanced and the development of next-generation assessments aligned to the Common Core State Standards. The resources below address common questions about the assessment system.
- Frequently asked questions about Smarter Balanced, assessment system technology, and cost.
- State contacts for questions about the implementation of Smarter Balanced assessments in your state.
Requests for Presentations
Smarter Balanced is committed to providing member states and key stakeholders with detailed and current information regarding the assessment system. View the Request for Presentations Policy to learn how to submit a presentation request.
Please submit requests to republish Smarter Balanced materials to email@example.com.
Commonly Requested Resources and Information
For more information on the Smarter Balanced Field Test, visit our Field Test web page.
- Smarter Balanced Practice and Training Tests provide an early look at sets of assessment questions in English language arts/literacy and mathematics for grades 3-8 and 11.
- Technology specifications and requirements for schools and districts can be found on our Technology page.
Employment / Procurement
- Employment opportunities with Smarter Balanced are available from the University of California, Los Angeles.
- Procurement opportunities with Smarter Balanced are available from the Washington State Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction.
Information for Parents and Teachers
- Learn more about what Smarter Balanced assessments mean for parents, students, teachers and policymakers.
- Download factsheets for parents and teachers.
- Access information and resources on the Common Core State Standards.